Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The actor I used in this footage is not the real actor. The actor playing the part is 53 years old and will be dressed in a suit. I wanted to see how the camera and post software would react to light. Immediately I'm running into problems! I'm getting alot of funky discoloring on edges. The lens I have for this camera is really sucking. Its ability to accept light and focus is underpar(note 7d users).I get a good variety of options(18mm-150?) but the lens is just cheap. I will focus on an area (digitally) lock it then check the footage and out of focus. Sometimes it works sometimes not. I would really like a 15mm prime super fast lens to get a real crisp image in the low light but gotta use what I got. Either that or more light.I'm not sure how the library gonna feel if i truck in a old fifties stage ellipsoid spot light! Here's where the fun begins! I do like the lighting of the location Just have to experiment. I'll probably have to lighten everything up let more light in then drop the light in post production. The second shot is framed up nice to me and the stairs has alot more light coming in so I've got more flexibility for image control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there anyone around school that could help you out with a lens? As for the lighting, you do need to bring in lighting. The artistry starts when you position the lights in such a way that it looks like it is completely natural... we love being tricked!